欧洲杯开户The FOI Act can be used to request:
- access to documents held by the University; or
- an amendment of personal information where it is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date or misleading.
Under the FOI Act documents can include maps, plans, diagrams, graphs, drawings, photographs, videos, audiotapes, CCTV footage and electronic records including emails.
Further information about Freedom of Information and legislative requirements can be accessed on the .
Our is provided under Section 96 of the FOI Act, as an outline of our structure and functions.
About the FOI application process
The process followed for an FOI application is defined in legislation. In summary:
- Check to see if you can obtain the information outside the FOI process.
- If an FOI application is needed, submit a request in writing.
- Allow up to 45 days for a notice of decision to be provided.
- If you are unhappy with the decision you can .
Preparing an FOI application
If you have determined an FOI application is your best option, you will need to submit your application in writing to the FOI Coordinator.
To make a valid application under the FOI Act, you are required to:
- apply in writing or complete the FOI Application Form
- provide enough information to identify the documents you are requesting
- provide an Australian address where notices can be sent
- provide other contact details such as telephone number and or email address in case we need to contact you
- pay the application fee of $30 if applicable.
If your request is to amend personal information you also need to include:
- details about which information is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date or misleading
- information or evidence as to why the information is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date or misleading
- how you want the information amended.
欧洲杯开户Information can be amended by altering, striking out, deleting or inserting information or by adding a note.
Submit FOI application
Application fees and charges
欧洲杯开户Under the FOI Act no application fee or charges apply if you are seeking personal information that is just about you, or applying for an amendment of your information.
Murdoch University has no discretion to waive or reduce application fees. However, there is discretion to waive the payment of charges for dealing with your application. The amount and types of fees chargeable are set out in Schedule 1 of the .
|Cash or cheque/money order|
欧洲杯开户Send cash or cheque/money order (made payable to Murdoch University) to:
Pay in person at , Perth campus.
|Credit card||Call (08) 9360 6544 and provide credit card details to the FOI Coordinator|
Proof of identity
You may be asked to provide proof of identity before requested personal information is released to you. A driver's licence with photograph or passport is preferred.