Architecture of the IoT
Architecture of the Internet of Things (IoT) is a free online short course offered through our partnership with Cisco.
This self-paced course consists of 6 modules and covers a range of topics to give you a broad understanding of the IoT, including:
- The digital transformation and devices that connect to the IoT
- Basic programming to support IoT devices and prototyping your idea
- The role of big data and how businesses are responding
- What can be automated, including artificial intelligence and machine learning as well as Intent-based networking
- Security and privacy implications of the IoT
- Opportunities within IoT and the evolving jobs market
Who is this course for?
This free online short course suits anyone with a curiosity or interest in the IoT or technology and IT more broadly. No IT experience is necessary, whether you’re wanting to launch your career or seeking a change and need to upskill/reskill. This is designed as an introductory course to allow you to explore your interest in the IoT and find out which areas of the field most interest you.
Throughout this course you will have direct access to a Murdoch academic to answer course related queries and provide additional course-specific guidance, through optional online workshops and online communication channels. Our lecturers will also provide academic support if you want to chat about your studies, career prospects or how you might best carve out your future career in IoT or IT.
What you'll learn
欧洲杯开户In this free, self-paced short course you will learn how the IoT is part of the digital transformation aided by the exponential growth of intelligent devices connected to the internet. You will learn how this transformation is creating unprecedented economic opportunity, understand how the IoT is bridging the gap between operational and information technology systems, and discover how standard business processes are being transformed. You will even learn how to program one of these intelligent devices yourself.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the meaning and impact of digital transformation.
- Apply basic programming to support IoT devices.
- Explain how data provides value to businesses and society.
- Explain the benefits of automation in the digitised world.
- Explain the need for enhanced security in the digitised world.
- Discover opportunities provided by digital transformation.
At the completion of this course, you will receive a Cisco-Murdoch credentialed certificate of completion. Based on your current education level, completion of this course may support your entry into an IT degree, including an Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, a Graduate Certificate in IT or a Master of IT.
Where these short courses could take you
The influence of IoT will be far reaching across many industries. Whether it’s in conservation to better understand local fauna movements to support wildlife habitats; in agriculture to notify farmers of the best time to water, fertilise or harvest their crops; in emergency services to help firefighters in early detection of remote bushfires; or in the resources sector to help miners identify dangerous underground gases.
The IoT is changing the jobs market and the future of work will embrace those who have a sound understanding of this technology, and its many possibilities.
欧洲杯开户Our IoT introductory online short course is a free way for you to explore your interest in the IoT and find out which areas of the field most interest you.