In a Commonwealth supported place your fees are subsidised by the Australian Government. Your fees will be split into two portions:
- The student contribution, which is the portion you pay. You may be able to defer your student contribution with a HECS-HELP loan.
- The Commonwealth contribution, which is the portion paid by the Australian Government.
Only the student contribution portion will appear on your invoice.
Confirm your place
You will only be entitled to the Commonwealth contribution if you have confirmed your Commonwealth supported place and your student contribution has been either paid upfront or deferred to a loan.
You can confirm your place by completing an ECAF in > Course details when you first enrol in your course.
If you transfer to a new course with a Commonwealth supported place you will need to complete another ECAF.
See the Australian Government’s website for more information about Commonwealth supported places, including .
The Australian Government’s Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) allows you to defer payment of fees. If you are deferring fee payments to a HELP loan you must complete an ECAF in > Course details and enter your before the , otherwise you will need to pay your fees upfront.
If you are an Australian citizen, permanent resident, permanent humanitarian visa holder or enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place you may be eligible for a HECS-HELP loan.
HECS-HELP allows you to defer the payment of your student contribution, which is the portion of the fees that you are required to pay.
For more information see .
If you are a domestic student enrolled in a full fee-paying course you may be eligible for a FEE-HELP loan, which allows you to defer payment of part or all of your tuition fees.
欧洲杯开户You may be eligible for FEE-HELP if you have not exceeded the FEE-HELP limit and:
- you are an Australian citizen, permanent humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand special category visa holder studying a full fee-paying course
- you are a permanent resident studying a bridging course for overseas-trained professionals and will be resident in Australia for the duration of the study.
欧洲杯开户For more information, including full details on eligibility and , see .
If you are an Australian citizen, permanent humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand special category visa holder you may be eligible for an SA-HELP loan.
SA-HELP allows you to defer payment of your student services and amenities fee and add the amount to your accumulated HELP debt. You can apply for SA-HELP even if you do not have any other HELP loans.
To defer your SSAF payments with SA-HELP you need to complete an SA-HELP assistance form in > Course details and submit it on or before the payment due date.
You only need to apply for SA-HELP once for each course you study.
For more information see .
If you are enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place and will be taking part in a study abroad or exchange program欧洲杯开户 or outgoing cross-institutional enrolment overseas you may be eligible for OS-HELP.
OS-HELP is a loan designed to help students studying part of their course overseas pay for airfares, accommodation or other travel costs associated with your overseas study.
欧洲杯开户To be eligible for an OS-HELP loan, you must:
- have been selected by your provider to receive an OS‑HELP loan
- be an Australian citizen or a permanent humanitarian visa holder or a New Zealand Special Category Visa holder who meets the residency requirements
- have not received an OS‑HELP loan on more than one other occasion
- be enrolled with a provider as a Commonwealth supported student and have completed one EFTSL of study (usually one year of full-time study), in Australia that counts towards the course you are enrolled in
- be studying full-time overseas and this study will count towards the course requirements for the Australian course you are enrolled in
- have at least 0.125 EFTSL of your course left to complete once you have finished your overseas study – usually one unit of study
- have a valid tax file number (TFN) at the time of applying
- have submitted an OS-HELP debt confirmation form to your provider; and
- have read the .
欧洲杯开户For more information see .